Inter-Quarter Break [NO CAA CLASSES]
Christmas in the Park all School Performances:
Friday, Dec. 16, 5pm
We Are Different. We Are Able.
We Are CAA – We are Learning, Performing, Creating, Contributing
1. The Heroes Outreach Troupe is performing today at Chandler Tripp. The Children’s Music Sing-Along is now taking a pass on this one due to scheduling conflicts of the professors. Next time for sure!
2. Friday’s Christmas in the Park Performancer Line-Up, 5-6pm:
Nutcracker dancers: Hair Up & Black Dance Outfits.
Adaptive Guitar: You’re Playing the Set from Graduation;
Latizmo: Wear Black. Children’s Music: Bring a Santa Hat 🙂
Line-up in this order: Professor Isabella Torres will be the emcee for the evening;
1) Bye Bye Birdie Musical Theatre Numbers – 2 songs
2) Children’s Music Sing Along – 3 songs
3) Concert Choir – 2 songs
4) Nutcracker/Grad Dance Dance Performance
5) Adaptive Guitar – 2 songs from graduation
6) Cheer Squad: 2 songs
7) Latizmo: 3 songs
See you all on Friday – rain or shine!
3. Winter Quarter Course Schedule is Now Out. There may be last minute updates/edits this week – watch for email updates. Registration begins this Saturday for currently registered students. Winter Quarter 2017 begins Monday, January 9, 2017.
4. CAA Salutes Executive Board Member Fleet Easton: While the CAA graduation ceremonies where happening in Northern California, CAA Executive Board Member Fleet Easton received a Star on the Promenade in Palm Springs. CAA Student Ambassador Trevor Lucken was there to represent. We salute Fleet Easton for his exquisite artistic contributions and huge heart for the College of Adaptive Arts community – promoting an innovative and equitable model of lifelong education!
5. Community Performances Over Mid-Quarter Break: All School Performing Troupes will have an opportunity to perform: Friday, Dec. 16 at Christmas in the Park at 5pm; Look for a detailed information later in the week. Concert Choir: Possible performance next Monday the 19th at the Buena Vista Midtown Senior Apartments Holiday Party, 1pm: Look for a detailed email later this week.
6. San Jose Mercury News Wishbook Story is now live on the College of Adaptive Arts: http://wishbook.mercurynews.com/2016/arts. Please consider sending a heartfelt thank you letter to Karen D’Souza and Dan Honda for exquistely capturing the essence of our small and growing college: San Jose Mercury News, 4 N. 2nd St. #800, San Jose, CA 95113.
7. College of Adaptive Arts Marketing Video is Now Live on our website: A true and sincere thanks to Mountain Mover board member Shar Yorgey for spearheading this new video. <3
8. 2017 Quarter Date Schedule is now Available to give to service Coordinator at the San Andreas Regional Center.
9. Fall Tuition is Now Due: If paying on a payment plan, or if your student has taken more classes over the approved number from SARC, tuition is now due. Please look for an updated invoice from DeAnna this week. We’d like to have all past balances paid before Winter Quarter registration begins.
10. New Distance Learning Option: If you are a current or former student, and would like to try out a distance learning class, Skyping into class from the convenience of your home, please email DeAnna Pursai at email@example.com for this coming Winter session beginning January 9, 2017. This opportunity for distance learning is possible thanks to a wonderful grant from the Adobe Foundation.
11. Autism Society of San Francisco Bay Area is hosting a Dance-a-Thon next Saturday, April 15, and CAA School of Dance has been named one of its beneficiaries – A sincere a true thanks to the awesome community partners doing such inspiring work in the community!!: http://www.sfautismsociety.org/dance-a-thon.html
12. Winter Ball Formal hosted by the YMCA on Saturday, December 17: Here’s the Flyer for Circulation/Invitations:)
Date: Saturday, December 17 Time: 4:00-7:00pm
Location: Central YMCA, Small Gym
What to wear: Formal dresses or suits
What to expect: A fun night of dancing with a DJ, photo booth, and light snacks
Additional information: All who attend event will need to sign an event waiver at the door
Contact: LeAnn Carrillo (408) 351-6360 LeAnn.Carrillo@ymcasv.org
More information and a flyer coming soon.
13. CAA van transportation may be available based on driver’s availability and if the student lives within the city limits of San Jose. $10 one-way; $20 round trip. Text or email DeAnna Pursai to make arrangements – firstname.lastname@example.org or cell phone: 408-394-6816 – texting preferred.
14. New Updates from School of Communications Director, Danie Weaver:
1. Thank you to all the families who participated in Toiletries drive and sock, drive. We could donate at least 50 hygiene kits, and over 300 pairs of socks. Student council donated said items to the Lifemoves Villa in downtown San Jose. This place caters to helping families and single women who are homeless.
2. Changes to the structure for Lounge Nights 2017.
a. We will be changing to light snack, unless otherwise specified. Please bring veggie trays, or an bite size appetizer, or fruit trays, or a bite size dessert. Also make sure your student eats dinner before attending.
b. Time changes: 7:15-8:45pm with food put out till 8pm. Students will need to be picked up by 9:00pm
c We will start serving food at 7:20pm.
d. Entry fee is $5.00 or a new pair of socks to donate to the homeless
3 Lounge Night’s always needs volunteers. Lounge Nights are always the last Friday of the month, unless otherwise specified. We always need people to help set up, and clean up, crowd control, help with activities. If you would like to volunteer for multiple lounge nights please let Danie Weaver know.
15. In Case of an Emergency: CAA will be trying out our new safety communication portal called One Call Now, whereby you will receive a text/email/phone call in case of an emergency. During the first week of class, please make sure that your emergency contact information is up-to-date with the front desk. In case of an emergency where the cell phone coverage may be down, here are 3 contacts to reach out to:
– Bev Prosser (Danie’s mother): 408-323-4951 – In southern CA
– CiCi Carlson (Pam’s mother): 408-892-2538 – In Arizona
– Jill Ellenberger (De’s mother): 260-824-3409 land line; 260-273-2480 – cell; In Indiana, CAA site.
16. Seeking Community Venues to Perform: We are also seeking new community venues to take our multiple theatre troupes out to perform and contribute their artistic creations to the community. We are seeking public schools, private schools, corporate lunch & learn meetings, day programs,and senior living centers. Please email DeAnna at email@example.com for any leads you have. Our students are most “in their element” when they are connecting in the community and contributing their love of the arts, health, and wellness.
17. Updated Donation items – Always Sincerely Appreciated; Printer paper, pens dry erase markers, batteries all sizes, lined paper, pencils, tissues, paper pltes, cleaning wipes, plastic utensils.
18. Blog Submissions Requested: If you as a parent/careprovider are interested in submitting a blog piece about your experience with CAA, please email potential submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
19. Amazon Smiles on College of Adaptive Arts: If you are doing online shopping at Amazon, CAA has an Amazon Smiles link – if your order through this link, a percentage of sales will go to CAA: http://smile.amazon.com/ch/27-0342896
20. Movin’ the CAA Mountain through Social Media:
Facebook Presence: 8 Schools, Library, Walking Team & Student Council Hyperlinks:
College of Adaptive Arts School of Dance
College of Adaptive Arts School of Art
College of Adaptive Arts School of TV/Film
College of Adaptive Arts School of Music
College of Adaptive Arts School of Theatre
College of Adaptive Arts School of Communications
College of Adaptive Arts School of Health & Wellness
College of Adaptive Arts School of Science & Technology
College of Adaptive Arts Library
College of Adaptive Arts Walking Team
College of Adaptive Arts Student Council
21. Latest CAA Flyers for Reference/Downloading:
CAA Winter Quarter Schedule
2017 CAA Quarter Dates
CAA Fall Course Catalog
CAA June Newsletter
CAA 2016 Annual Report
CAA Frequently Requested Info for SARC
CAA Proclass Registration Instructions
New CAA Informational Flyer
CAA Community Performing Troupes Flyer
CAA In-kind Donation Form 2016
CAA Lunch & Learn Opportunity for Corporate Employees
CAA General Corporate Sponsor Flyer
CAA Mountain Movers Board Strategic Plan Summary 2016
Parent/Careprovider Policies Updated Jan. 2016
Parent Advosory Council Meeting Minutes June 2016
CAA Walking Club Waiver Release Form
CAA Networking Lounge Night Parent Invite
CAA Volunteer Application Form
CAA 2016 Student Scholarship Application Form
CAA Transportation Release Form
22. CAA Mission Moment: The Mayor Sam Liccardo stated in his Keynote Speech this past Saturday, “It looks like CAA now is offering classes in Science and Technology – wow!” 🙂
Latest information updated in red:
- Monday, December 12: Professional Theatre Audition Workshop, 12-4pm, CAA Site
- Tuesday, December 13: Professional Theatre Audition Workshop, Day 2, City Lights Theatre Company, 12-4pm
- Wednesday, December 14: Community Performance for Heroes Outreach Troupe & Children’s Music Sing Along Troupe, 10:45 & 11:45am, Chandler Tripp Special Needs Preschool.
- Friday, December 16: Christmas in the Park Performance, 5pm, Cesar Chavez Plaza, downtown San Jose. including School of Dance: Cheer Squad, Graduate Dance, & Latizmo 😉
- Saturday, December 17, 4-7pm, Winter Ball at the YMCA on the Alameda, Free & Open to All
- Saturday, December 17: CAA Walking Club, Los Gatos, 8:30am
- Monday, December 19: Nutcracker Performance by Graduate Dance Clinic at Brookdale Senior Living, 1-2pm
- Monday, December 19: Concert Choir has been invited to sing at the Buena Vista Midtown Senior Apartment Holiday Party, 1pm: Look for more detailed information this week.
- Saturday, December 24: CAA Walking Club, Los Gatos, 8:30am
- Monday, January 9: Start of Winter Quarter, 2017
- Monday, January 16: Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Day – No CAA Classes
- Saturday, January 21: [NEW DATE] CAA Student Council Team-Building Session, 11 – 2pm, History Park San Jose, detailed information forthcoming
- Friday, January 27, Networking Lounge Night: Western Dance Night BBQ, 7:15 – 8:45pm, CAA Site
- Saturday, February 11: CAA School of Communications Showcase Night, 7-9pm, Possibly Hammer Theatre or other Venue in Community
- Monday, February 13 – Friday, February 17: Mid-Quarter Break [No CAA Classes]
- Saturday, February 18: CAA Latizmo Troupe has been invited to come and perform at a Dance-a-Thon at Stanford – more detailed information forthcoming
- Friday, Febuary 24: Networking Lounge Night: Valentine Italian Food Night, 7:15 – 8:45pm, CAA Site
- Friday, March 17: Last Day of Winter Quarter
- Friday, March 31: Networking Lounge Night: Pirate Movie Night Healthy Sandwiches, 7:15 – 9pm, CAA Site
- Saturday, April 1 [NEW DATE]: CAA 2nd Annual Staff Showcase, 7:30pm, Hammer Theatre Center in downtown San Jose
- Monday, April 3: First Day of Spring Quarter, 2017
- Saturday, April 15, 2-6pm, Cubberly Theatre, Palo Alto: Autism Society Dance-A-Thon for Autism: CAA School of Dance has been selected as one of the beneficiaries of the event – Thank you Autism Society!! 🙂
- Sunday, April 23: sjDANCEco Festival, Santana Row, 10am. Get ready School of Dance performers!!! 🙂
- Sunday, April 23: 9th Annual Celebrating Differing Abilities Film Festival, 2-5pm, Bluelight Cinemas, Cupertino
- Friday, April 28: Networking Lounge Night: Wii Tournament Appetizers, 7:15 – 8:45pm, CAA Site
- Monday, May 8 – Friday, May 12: Mid Quarter Break [No CAA Classes]
- Friday, May 12: CAA 1st Annual “Moving the Mountain” Breakfast, Scott’s Seafood, 7:45 – 9:15am
- Friday, May 18: Networking Lounge Night: Movie Night Fingerfood, 7:15 – 9pm, CAA Site
- Friday, June 9: Last Day of Spring Quarter
- Monday, Jun 12 – Wednesday, June 14, 1-4:30pm: Tentative Tech Week for Summer Musical, Bye Bye Birdie, Pioneer High School
- Thursday, June 15: Musical Theatre Production, Bye-Bye Birdie, Pioneer High School (tentative schedule)
- Friday, June 16: 2nd Night of Musical Theatre Production, Bye-Bye Birdie, Pioneer High School, 7:30pm (tentative schedule)
- Friday, June 30: Networking Lounge Niht: CAA’s 7th Birthday & Burgers, 7:15 – 8:45pm, CAA Site
- Monday, July 10: First Day of Summer Quarter
- Friday, July 28: Networking Lounge Night: Hawaiian Night Picnic, 7:15 – 8:45pm, CAA Site
- Monday, August 14 – Friday, August 18: Mid-Quarter Break [No CAA Classes]
- Friday, August 25: Networking Lounge Night: CAA Summer Formal & Healthy Snacks, 7:15 – 9pm, CAA Site
- Friday, September 15: Last Day of Summer Quarter
- Friday, September 29: Networking Lounge Night: Rock and Roll Night American, 7:15 – 8:45pm, CAA Site
- Monday, October 2: First Day of Fall Quarter
- Friday, October 27: Networking Lounge Night: Halloween Bash/ Spooky Food, 7:15 – 8:45pm, CAA Site
- Monday, October 30 – Friday, November 3: Mid-Quarter Break [No CAA Classes
- Friday, November 17: Networking Lounge Night: Vegas Night Italian & Food, 7:15 – 8:45pm, CAA Site
- Monday, November 20 – Friday, November 24: Thanksgiving Break [NO CAA CLASSES]
- Friday, December 15: Last Day of Fall Quarter
- Friday, December 15: Networking Lounge Night: Christmas/Cookies/ Snacks, 7:15 – 8:45pm, CAA Site